WALTHAM, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Wolters Kluwer, Health, a leading global provider of trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions, is recognized by Frost & Sullivan as a Frost Radar™ global leader in artificial intelligence (AI) for healthcare IT. The independent analysis evaluated a field of more than 200 healthcare IT companies and ranked Wolters Kluwer among the top 20 for continuous innovation and growth focusing on areas where AI solutions are most relevant for hospitals, physicians and payers.
“In a market forecasted to reach more than $34 billion globally by 2025, Wolters Kluwer is one of the top growth performers in AI for healthcare IT and poised to move higher on the Radar,” commented Koustav Chatterjee, report author and analyst for Frost & Sullivan’s Global Transformational Health team. “In innovation metrics, Wolters Kluwer delivered remarkable results at scale for both payers and providers.”
Wolters Kluwer is coupling the expansive knowledge of its trusted clinical experts with impactful AI solutions that target complex problems in healthcare. According to the Frost report, the top-right Radar positioning of Wolters Kluwer, adjacent to well-recognized tech giants, highlights its superior deep learning and NLP capabilities, and showcases how Wolters Kluwer is reimagining predictive clinical surveillance.
A Global Powerhouse for AI in Healthcare
Frost & Sullivan forecasts Wolters Kluwer will expand its AI-enabled healthcare IT footprint, “working closely with large health systems, government agencies, and leading start-ups from Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia in the next 2 to 3 years.” Frost sees growth from “healthcare stakeholders with the need and incentive to embrace full-fledged AI to improve clinical efficacy, augment financial performance, and streamline operational agility.”
“AI is deeply woven into the Wolters Kluwer DNA and it fully spans our Health solutions,” commented Jean-Claude Saghbini, Chief Technology Officer, Wolters Kluwer, Health. “The Frost Radar report validates years of effort and investment building a world-class AI ecosystem with a unique combination of data scientists, clinicians, and product teams that can make a meaningful impact on healthcare.”
Indicators of this AI innovation in Health solutions include:
- Adaptive learning for next-generation doctors and nurses: Tomorrow’s clinicians get a strong start in medical and nursing education with adaptive learning powered by AI that optimizes student testing skills, remediation and performance in high-stakes USMLE or NCLEX exams with Firecracker® and PrepU®.
- Earlier intervention when it matters most: Minutes can be the difference between life and death for patients with hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) like sepsis or C.difficile. AI technology in Sentri7® and POCAdvisor is predicting infections faster so patients get every fighting chance.
- Unlocking hidden insights: Critical patient information lost in physician notes is extracted and mapped by Health Language®clinical natural language processing (cNLP) for better informed care and AI is eliminating barriers between siloed data across healthcare systems.
- Globalizing drug data: AI is being developed to dramatically accelerate and automate the mapping of highly variable drug data from countries around the world to Medi-Span’s trusted data to reduce medication errors, adverse drug events and unnecessary alerts.
Other rapid response innovations in clinical content and data science:
- Wolters Kluwer leveraged conversational patient education from UpToDate® in a chat bot and developed Emmi Engage multimedia patient programs to help hospitals answer common questions about coronavirus. To help track the pandemic, a global interactive map visualizes spikes in frontline clinician searches on COVID-19 clinical topics at the point of care
To learn more, download the Frost Radar report: Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare IT, Global, 2020.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the clinicians, nurses, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Wolters Kluwer provides trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions that engage clinicians, patients, researchers and students in effective decision-making and outcomes across healthcare. We support clinical effectiveness, learning and research, clinical surveillance and compliance, as well as data solutions.
Public Relations Manager